Top Geeky Quant Blogs
Quant Blogs Check Out List
Last week, we shared bunch lists of Quant Blogs from TheWholeStreet.com (Click here).
The full list contains over 100 blogs, which can boggle the mind. Some of these blogs are no longer active. Thus, we refined the list and labeled them into different categories:
- CXO Advisory — Numerous articles; updated frequently; fundamental valuation, momentum, strategies allocations;
- CSS Analytics — Most posts are about momentum strategies;
- Following the trend — Technical analysis with vivid graphs and charts;
- Greenbackd — Active value investment strategies
- iMarketsignals — Design mathematical algorithms for financial models, to select stock/ETF;
- Math Finance — Research reviews and insights from Biao Guo.
- Inovance — Power of technology, data, tools, and analysis methods that turn ideas into profitable trading rules;
- Mathematical Investor — Incorporate news, events into market performances;
- Meb Faber — General market commentary;
- Mechanical Forex — Trading in the FX market using mechanical trading strategies;
- Millennial Invest — Updated frequently; momentum and value investing, long-term investing;
- Scott’s Investments — Active and productive blog with some weekly recommendation readings;
- Six Figure Investing — Recent researches on VIX and Volatility investing;
- Systematic Relative Strength — Nice website with rich contents;
- Trading Volatility — Researches on VIX and Volatility investing;
- Volatility Made Simple — Researches on VIX and Volatility investing;
- Optimal Momentum –Gary Antonacci’s masterful momentum discussions
- Gestaltu.com –Outstanding asset allocation research and insights
- ThinkNewFound — quantitative research on a variety of things.
Systematic trading strategies with Coding, Modeling, and Automatic Trading:
- Alpha Hive — Application of R to topics in Finance & Economics; experiments, asset Pricing, data Mining, foreign exchange and event study;
- DTR Trading — A blog about building an automated options trading system, built around my options back testing engine (using Java, Spring, MySQL, JMS, …)
- Eran Raviv — R coding, Applied statistics and econometrics;
- Exegetic Analytics — Data analysis, visualization, modeling, prediction and simulation;
- Quant Start — Very systematic educational materials about quantitative investing;
- QuantStrat TraderR — Very active blog about R coding and trading;
- Qusma — Another coding guru writing posts about Matlab, R, C++ and so on, with fabulous graphs;
- R Trader — Discuss the use of R in the context of systematic investment strategies;
- Timely Portfolio — R coding in trading;
- Tom Starke — Algorithmic trading;
- GekkoQuant — R-based quant blogger;
Day-to-day financial data and statistics:
- Nautilus Research — Daily updated charts and graphs;
- Overnight Edges — Frequently updated overnight overviews;
- Portfolio Probe — Weekly US market portrait;
- Quantifiable Edges — Market trend analysis;
- UK Stock Market Almanac — UK stock market.
Misc Research and Ideas:
- Don’t fear the bear — Mike is a young professional investing/trading and outdoors;
- Dynamic Hedge — DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader who focused on arbitrage strategies;
- Jay on the Markets — The home of “Kaeppel’s Corner”;
- Jonathan Kinlay — Dr Jonathan Kinlay is the Head of Quantitative Trading at Systematic Strategies, LLC;
- Macroption — Petr Houstecky consider himself more of an analyst than a trader;
- NAS Trading — A normal guy whose career has been spent trading his own account, but shares good opinions;
- Quant at Risk — Pawel Lachowicz, PhD is a financial risk analyst, traveler, writer, photographer, and a motivational speaker;
- RRSP Strategy — A Canadian investor who studies taxable accounts;
- Stuart Reid — A young professional who is a quant at KPMG, his posts have nice charts and graphs;
- Volatility Fighter — Alexander Kurguzkin is a stock market trader;
Want to submit other great blogs to add to our list? Enter in the form below:
Note: This site provides no information on our value investing ETFs or our momentum investing ETFs. Please refer to this site.
Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
Please remember that past performance is not an indicator of future results. Please read our full disclaimer. The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. This material has been provided to you solely for information and educational purposes and does not constitute an offer or solicitation of an offer or any advice or recommendation to purchase any securities or other financial instruments and may not be construed as such. The factual information set forth herein has been obtained or derived from sources believed by the author and Alpha Architect to be reliable but it is not necessarily all-inclusive and is not guaranteed as to its accuracy and is not to be regarded as a representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the information’s accuracy or completeness, nor should the attached information serve as the basis of any investment decision. No part of this material may be reproduced in any form, or referred to in any other publication, without express written permission from Alpha Architect.